Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 meat lovers
1. Meat Loaves:
- 2 lbs. lean ground round beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packets (98 oz. each) instant oatmeal, regular flavor
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, mix together meat, onion, instant oatmeal, eggs, ketchup, milk Worcestershire sauce, and salt until well-combined. Divided meat mixture into 8 servings and shape into individual loaves. Place meat loaves in a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Prepare glaze: In a small bowl, blend together ketchup and brown sugar. Brush tops and sides of meat loaves; bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degree F when inserted into center of loaves. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Serve 4 meat loaves with mashed potatoes, if desired. Cool remaining meat loaves for 25 minutes. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or waxed paper and freeze.
To reheat: Place meat loaves in a pan, and thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap and bake 15 minutes in 350 degree F oven, or microwave loaves just until heated through.