Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1 pkg (2lbs.) pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 8 sandwich buns
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Pickles (optional)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in chili powder, dry mustard, add cinnamon. Cook 1 minute. Add ketchup, honey, orange juice, and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil and add sliced pork tenderloin. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Place half of BBO-pork mixture in a resealable container; cool to room temperature, cover, and place in freezer. Place 4 sandwich buns in resealable storage bag, and store in freezer.
- Divide remaining BBQ pork among remaining sandwich buns, and serve with coleslaw and pickles, if desired.
To reheat: Defrost BBQ pork in refrigerator overnight. Reheat mixture in saucepan over medium-low heat, or microwave until heated through. Defrost sandwich buns to room temperature.