Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: About 25 minutes
Makes: 4 main-dish servings
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup bottled creamy Parmesan with cracked peppercorn salad dressing
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Green-onion tops (optional)
- Pierce potatoes with fork in several places. Place potatoes on paper towel in microwave oven. Cook potatoes on High 10 to 12 minutes or until fork-tender, turning potatoes over once halfway through cooking; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix salad dressing and sliced onion; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice each potato lengthwise in half. With spoon, carefully scoop out flesh from each potato half, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell and making sure potato-skin shells are intact. Place flesh in bowl with dressing mixture. Place shells on small cookie sheet.
- With potato masher or fork, mash potato mixture in bowl until almost smooth. Spoon mashed-potato mixture into shells; sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake potatoes 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and golden on top. Arrange potatoes on bed of green-onion tops if you like.
Kitchen tip: You can also make Horradish & Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes with this recipe above. Prepare recipe as above, except in Step 2, substitute 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese for the Parmesan.
Each serving: About 370 calories, 10 g protein, 62 g carbohydrate, 10 g total fat (6 g saturated), 6 g fiber, 30 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium.