Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 lb. skinless salmon fillet, cut in 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 lb. sea scallops, halved
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup half-andhalf
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, and saffron, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, scallops, shrimp, tomatoes, peas, and orange peel, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and serve.
Kitchen tip: Add a little variety by substituting cod, grouper, or monkfish.