Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders, halved
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- In bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, and enough boiling water to cover. Let stand 3 minutes. Drain vegetables well.
- Drain juice from pineapple reserving 1/3 cup. Set chunks aside. In small bowl, stir together pineapple juice, ketchup, cornstarch, sugar, teriyaki sauce, and garlic.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and red pepper; stir fry until chicken browns, about 4 minutes. Stir in carrots and broccoli; cook 2 minutes.
- Restir pineapple-juice mixture, and pour into skillet. Cook 1 minute. Add pineapple chunks. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are crip-tender.