Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red-pepper sauce
- 1 chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lbs.) cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425 degree F. Line baking pan with aluminium foil, and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine buttermilk and pepper sauce in reseable plastic bag. Remove skin from all chicken pieces except wings. Put chicken in bag, seal, and shake to coat. Refrigerate 10 minutes or up tp 2 hours. Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, poultry seasoning, and salt in shallow bowl. Drain chicken and dredge in crumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking pan, and spray well with vegetable cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes, spray again (do not turn chicken), and bake 20 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes.