Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 lamb steaks, trimmed and sliced into 1/2" slices (about 1 to 1/4 lbs. trimmed meat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, cored and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning (McCormick's)
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In medium bowl, mix together lamb slices, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and Greek seasoning, and cook 30 seconds more. Increase heat to high, and add zucchini and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in broth and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl, and wipe skillet clean.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoon oil in skillet over high heat. Add lamb and cook, stirring occasionally, until lamb is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Return vegetable mixture to skillet and heat through. Transfer to serving bowl and springkle with feta cheese.
Kitchen tip: To save time, substitute a package of ready-to-serve stir-fry or frozen assorted veggies for zucchini and red pepper.